Tuesday 7 February 2012

Mellow Monday 17: Dan Bull and Wick-It The Instigator

     Alright so, its Tuesday, I know this, so let me finish my tea and we'll get right to yesterdays post.

     Dan Bull, has to be one of my new favorite rappers, no joke here, maybe its my heritage, maybe its the tea but I love Brit rap; Pro Green, Tinie Tempah, Wretch 32, Plan B, the list goes on, but suffice to say today we've got something special. This may not be the highest produced or most played album on the market today but Face promotes something most rappers don't have, logic, common sense, compassion? Maybe the last one is too far but take some time to read the bio on his website. One other thing I can't get over is how much more he does other than rapping, he has a full list of reviews, help forums, and makes amazing songs for games, which is coincidentally how I found out about him. So check out that album above, its smarter than  most while still being top notch and soulful, and if you don't I'll find you.


     DJ Wick-it the Instigator, straight from Nashville, is my new favorite DJ, his new album Grindhouse Basterds is an amalgamation of everything amazing. Dubstep, rap, mashup and amazing quotes in equal measure, my new roomate absolutely hates rap but can't get enough of these tracks, inspired by Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds. Thats why I was confused about what day to post this album, should I showcase the rap, or the dubstep or both? Either way this album is amazing, pick it up and jam the day away.


No comments:

Post a Comment