Tuesday 7 February 2012

Toxic Tuesday 29: Nero's Day At Disneyland and 1200 Mics

     Alright, I've got something a little different for you today, I know I say that everyday but this time I couldn't mean it more.

     Lets start of by saying I couldn't find a flattering picture of these guys, at all, on the internet, which is insane, also I'm still not completely decided whether its one or two artists, that being said on to the music. Nero's Day At Disneyland, is/are an electric/glitch/breakcore solo/duo from Oakland California, yeah breakcore. Have a read there, or just understand that its a style of electronic music largely influenced by D n' B, Glitch and IDM, you might want to look those up too. Confusion aside I first heard their songs "No Money Down, Low Monthly Payments" and "Child Protective Services Theme Song" off the album From Rotting Fantasylands after I couldn't stand not knowing the name of Pewdiepie's intro song, since then I've been scaring my friends and family with the some of the best IDM I have in my arsenal. Before we get too far lets give you an example of how powerful this music is, as we speak I can't control my legs and yesterday I seriously thought I was the Joker and asked everyone on campus if they knew where I could find Batman. Let me put it in layman's terms, THIS MUSIC WILL FRACTURE YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS.


     You guys remember the 70's right? Yeah neither do I but apparently they've infiltrated electronic music. 1200 Micrograms, is an psychedelic trance act from Ibiza, and that guy with the glasses is the frontman, Raja Ram, I'm pretty sure I read that right. Now before you start questioning my credibility lets just say that I only heard about these guys last night when my roomate decided it would be a good idea to play Black Ops and listen to trance, maybe not such a good idea. Originally obtained via a torrent compilation called the Time Machine, the tracks I have are from all over the place so I'm just going to link you to their first album and from there your life is your own. Their self titled album, 1200 Micrograms is nine tracks in length and was released in 2002, and please for the love of Talos don't look up the album art, its embarrassing. Apparently all went well when it was released because they released a further SEVEN albums, all just as crazy and drug fueled, that being said the tracks I have are top notch one of them even contains samples from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, so grab it up and don't tell your parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment