Friday 23 September 2011

Editor's ABC's : The Arkell's, BT, and Cage The Elephant

     I've been hearing some complaints lately, many echoed by myself, I put the word "Daily" in the title back when I had the time to post daily, and for not keeping my promise I apologize. As my apology I present to you oh mighty viewer an idea I may or may not have stolen from one of my fellow publishers, every Friday (time permitting) we'll go through my itunes Library alphabetically and pick an artist that has yet to be featured here as well as recapping the ones that have been. Hold me to it audience, three artists every Friday starting now.

      First off lets go through the artists that have already been featured here on the beats, A-Trak, Abandon All Ships, AC Slater, Ace Reporter, Akron/Family, Al Bizzare, All's Quiet, Armed With Crayons, Asking Alexandria, Attack! Attack!, Audiodax and Azedia.

     Now lets introduce my pick for our premier A-Z series, The Arkells. Hailing from Hamilton, Ontario, The Arkells are quite possibly the best example of Canadian talent, their debut album Jackson Square is one of my all time favorite rock albums and the CD has barely survived all the times its been tracked around the country with me.


   

     Again lets take a trip back in time and link you to all the posts with artists starting with B. BadBadNotGood, Baptized In Blood, Bart B More, Bassjackers, Beheading Machine, Big Chocolate, Blackmill, and Butcher Blades/.

     Unless you've been hiding under the proverbial rock then you've heard of BT, a widely known Grammy nominated electronic producer and composer. I first took notice after hearing a remix of his song Forget Me, then I took a trip over to itunes and purchased his album These Hopeful Machines. BT redefines electronic music, mixing in rock and orchestral themes, and I was hooked at first listen.



     These links are getting tedious, but our previously featured artists are Carridale, Chiddy Bang, Chris Webby, Chrome Sparks, City Delivered, City Lights, Com Truise, Commissioner, and Cyberoptics Dubstep.

     I think we're definately getting into my top 5 favorite artists. Cage The Elephant, there is not a day that could not be improved by their amazing sound or lifted by the shear amount of feeling put into their songs. I was first drawn to them after hearing their song Ain't No Rest For The Wicked on the radio one day, then further when it appeared as the opening track in the game Borderland. Their Self Titled debut album Cage The Elephant is a masterpiece of alternative rock and a battlefield of poetic liscence. This is a must buy, I command it!


     After all those links I'm not sure the hour I spent was worth it, but if you liked todays post give me some feedback on our Facebook page, and please support the artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment