Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hipster Humpday 2 : BadBadNotGood + 3 Great Alternative Songs

     Welcome to our second official Hipster Humpday. You're here because you feel that todays music just doesn't quite live up to your standards, and thats good cause it shouldn't. Gone are all the great names from yesteryear and they took the talent with them, or so we thought. Here to instill a new found purpos in your ipod, is BadBadNotGood, a three piece jazz band from Toronto. Also known as the "Odd Trio" these guys met at Humber College and bonded over some very soulful music, jamming all improv like to many a hip hop song. Wait hip hop? Yup their first album you'll be surprised to hear is a mixtape of hip hop put to jazz. Their new album BBNG is available at their bandcamp for the great price of free and is chock full of top notch jazz with the heart of hip hop. I myself rarely listen to jazz but BBNG had me driftin off all day and I can't say I didn't want to go.


     I figured I should make some of the Wednesday articles the same format as Tuesday, so stick around for three amazing tracks that have been floating me this week. Miami Horror, Reptar and Handsome Furs.

(Right click, save as, to download)


(Right click, save as, to download)


(Right click, save as, to download)


     Thanks again for stopping in, hopefully I've shown you some of the amazing talent that's hiding just around the corner these days. If you like it or not, head on over to our Facbook page to stay updated about this and our other blog and to just be a better person. Also big ups to Gabe for letting me know about BBNG and a huge thanks to the publishers of the Burning Ear for not having me killed for stealing so much music.

No comments:

Post a Comment