Wednesday 7 September 2011

K's Special #2: Mike Campbell

For my second "Special Post," I have decided to bring to you an artist that I went to school with not so long ago. I wouldn't say that we were close, or even really "friends" but we were nice enough to each other, and I respect him greatly as a musician. He composes all his own music, writes all his own lyrics, and while his YouTube channel doesn't have all that much on it, I still find it a joy when I rediscover it. I recently came back to it when Mike posted his new song on his wall on Facebook, and I got quite excited and decided that it would be a good thing to share with the world at large.

This post is going to be a little different...I think. I am going to start by warning you now that there are no downloads, so if you like it, just head on over to ListenToYouTube and download the songs for yourself (If he had them on Itunes or something I would direct you there, but that is not an option at this point). Also, I am just going to post everything on his channel, direct you there, and leave you with that. I'm not going to write a whole lot about any of them, maybe a little blurb, maybe not.

Mike's latest song.

Instrumental, and amazing.

 
I'll write a little something about this one. Two of the 3 members (so excluding Mike) are a year younger than I am and we went to the same elementary school together. When I first heard this song at school this year I was actually quite blown away. The main vocals are done by Kellam, and I am honoured to have known these young men in any respect. Hearing this in person kind of tops the recorded version just based on the energy shown, but I still like it and I hope you do too!

The first video uploaded to his channel.


So that's all for this morning, folks! I'm sorry for the weird format, but I figured it was time to switch it up a little for you, since my whole life has just been tossed in a box and jumbled around a bit. Why not share the experience? I believe that you'll be seeing a post from MrFlawedLogic sometime later this evening I think (Hardcore Humpday, anyone?) and it should be great! Thank you so much for your support and views, and I hope we haven't disappointed you and that I am at least beginning to make up for my absence from posting... Take care!

Ciao!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment