Tuesday 6 September 2011

Toxic Tuesday 20 : Solar Fields and Pyramid

     Welcome to the twentieth edition of Toxic Tuesday, I've got something a little different for you today. Magnus Birgersson, a.k.a. Solar Fields, is a swedish electronic musician. Since he was a teenager he has been playing piano, drums, percussion, and keyboard in several bands, but in 2001 he launched Solar Fields. Solar Fields to me is a musical hallucinogenic, you might as well make this stuff illegal. I mean theres trance music, then theres ambient, but when you combine the two you get  something truly unique.



     Last night when I was roaming around the web looking for an album by Phutureprimitive (we'll save that for later) I stumbled onto Transmission Seed,  wordpress site with a tonne of unique electronic music. I pillaged as much as my computer would let me and spent most of today completely zoned. I was at the eye doctor today and they hit me with three sets of eye drops, which made my eyes burn and diluted my pupils so much everyone I tried buying sunglasses off of thought I was tripping acid. So while my eyes felt like they would fall out of my skull I found my self concentrating on music (before my headphones shitted out), lets just say I had some amazing day dreams. I encourage everyone to download this album, maybe it will help you sleep, maybe it will power you down the highway, whatever the use you won't be the same ever again.



     You may remember way back when, I mean nineteen editions ago, our first Toxic Tuesday, we had an amazing track from french electronic artist Pyramid. Well this last week, celebrating 1000 likes on his Facebook page he released a ten track masterpiece for free.


     Big thanks to Musigh for catching it, and many others. I thought at one point I had Pyramid figured out, his last album was to me "stereotypically french" don't ask me to explain that, it just sounded like a lot of french electronic. With the release of Lost In Space my classification has been shattered along with any concerns I had for my hard drive space, this is a must download. The entire album is a masterful mixture of synth-pop, bass, DnB beats, and a little french for colour. Grab it up and please consider giving this talented artist some money over at his Bandcamp.


     Hope you enjoyed the twentieth edition, its a big occasion for me and I know todays artists did it justice. Please consider supporting the musicians and blogs I pilfer, as well as following the blog with Google, or liking our Facebook page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment