Wednesday 25 May 2011

Hardcore Humpday 4 : All's Quiet, and Dancing With Paris + Bonus

     I think I've been procrastinating with this post way too much today as it is now running on six thirty in the evening here. I've got two artists for you today recommended by Ian, who wrote last weeks post, and a little something at the end for sticking around.

     Our first group today is a five piece metal band from the back woods of Michigan, All's Quiet. Thier debut album, Like Vultures, is currently blowing my mind.

(Click to download)

     Best to start this off with a warning I suppose, don't be tricked by the into track. It starts off all unsuspecting electro, with light synths and that damn beeping that makes me think I'm burning my dinner. But when that track is gone to a blissful place and taken you with it, the second track kicks you right in the teeth. Fading in with heavy riffs reminiscent of any rock band, it quickly morphs into that automatic head banging music, are you bouncing in your seat yet? All's Quiet is that special breed of metal that can combine a classic rock sound, with harsh throat tearing vocals, and guitars out the ass, with a gentle back vocal and a hint of electronica. Check out their album above and don't say I didn't warn you.


     Our second group today is a four piece from Toronto, Ontario, Dancing With Paris

(Click to download)

     This band introduces a completely unique sound, their facebook says, metalcore/pop, itunes says groovecore.... wait.... groovecore? Those are two words I didn't think anyone would put together without a healthy dose of cocaine, but none the less I will let them do the explaining, cause I am at a loss for words. 

"Take a block of spicy metalcore with a dash of rock, stir in 3 cups of Southern spice, add a cup of hardcore (non traditional) breakdowns, dice up a fair portion of soothing pop vocals and sprinkle a little dance spice on top. Let it simmer on the stove for 17 minutes and serve it while it’s still hot. This is the recipe that has come to be Dancing With Paris."

     I think that I agree with that description I unceremoniously ripped off facebook, but we can easily say that you won't be able to form your own opinion without listening to it first.



     So thats it for our fourth Hardcore Humpday, tradition I say. Although it was nice having it written for me, I can't say I don't enjoy having the music handed to me and just making my own article. Its always nice to throw in some metal and rage the day away, and theres nothing like it for shifting your mind into overdrive and getting things done. So for those of you that don't appreciate the metal as much as others heres a link to a page where you can download the score from Portal Two. Its an amazing album straight from Aperture Science, so full of electronic goodness over their trademark charm. Mind the lemons.


Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory - Portal 2 : Songs To Test By (Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment