Sunday 1 May 2011

Sorry Sunday (Made In Heights and Dream Jefferson + Musical Treasure)

     This may have been the single most busy weekend in my life. With the ending of my second semester of college, an exhibit opening, a cold, a banquet, birthday parties, moving rooms, driving, and hours of waiting for the floor to dry, its been quite the annoyance. Saying that, you have my sincerest apologies as I did my best to battle my sinuses and a busy weekend to scrape together a post today. You may still be wondering what happened to the other publishers... so am I... fingers you have been pointed. Without further distractions, here are some songs to lift your dead spirits.


     Made In Heights, possibly the reason I made it through the weekend at all. Made In Heights is a beautiful collaboration between Blue Scholars Impresario Sabzi and Kelsey Bulkin. The first thing that hit me as soon as I heard the EP's first track on GoodMusicAllDay.com's Final Showdown study mixtape, was a familiar piano tune that had already tried to drown my soul when it was first used in  Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. The entire album has that melancholy, world weary sound that makes a perfect pair with the rain outside my window, and makes me wish the first thing I unpacked was my bedding. Please check out Made In Heights on their Facebook page. The album and the aforementioned study mixtape are must downloads, trust me, unless you can't appreciate soft music and have no emotions, in which case you should probably leave now or proceed to the next post.

"I didn't mean to get so carried away..."
(Click to download the album)




      Forward thinking doesn't quite cut it when you're talking about the Ottawa duo, Dream Jefferson. Feel free to decide a genre for this astounding music, cause I'm having a bit of trouble doing that myself. Dream Jefferson was qualified as party rap for a short time until who ever said that listened to the EP. This is my crazy rap that I bust out when ever I need to school anyone that thinks that they have better music than me. I must admit that I have been hiding this album for quite some time, its not entirely new, but my stuffed up brain decided this is as good a time as any. If you have some time to do some reading definately head on over to Verbal Dexterity for an interview with Owel Five (Kwiz Massturrz) and Corboe. 





"So put seatbelts on your ears cause I'm going to take them on the ride of their lives..."
(Click to download)




     As my little extra to maybe convince you guys to forgive me, I bestow upon you a veritable library of indie music all yours if you have the time and bandwidth. Big thanks to K for the link, and thanks again everyone for making the 500 view mark. Stick around as there shouldn't be any more interuptions in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment