Monday 9 May 2011

Mashup Monday 2 : Kap Slap and 5 & a Dime

     Well its another monday here in the great white north, and after wasting most of my morning playing Minecraft I decided that this post should get done. I guess I doesn't help that I finally got around to getting some new batteries for my mouse, and have a project thats long overdue... we all know thats not going to get done. Its one of those days when I have a hard time concentrating on much anything stressful, so today its all about the variety.

     Our first mashup artist today is Kap Slap, a.k.a. Jared Lucas, a DJ from Lexington, MA. At first I was a little tentative about his music, as the first album of his that I got was actually a power hour... which didn't really work for me. My friend that introduced me to his music linked me to a new mixtape that was dropped not too long ago, and well its up there on the list now. Amazingly enough I actually used this album to get my parents into mashup music... that must count for something.

(Click to download)


     Its amazing the sheer number of artists these days that somehow manage to balance their music and university, when some us have trouble with a blog and college. Complaining aside our second artist is Gregory Kantor from Villanova, PA. He goes by the name of 5 & A Dime and his music is the spice of life. The only problem with being a mashup artist is the fact that when using songs by other artists theres a slight problem with the copyrighting and gaining any kinds of proceeds from the finished product. So we do our best to support them by downloading their music and hitting their shows and I suggest you do the same. Head on over to his website for updates, bookings and more.


(Click to download or head on over to his website for direct links)



     This post will boost us up to at least 850 page views, and we are still 5 days off our one month anniversary and going strong. Check us out one facebook for updates and to suggest music. Again I don't own this music, all proceeds and rights are owned by the artists, please support them. The design for our t-shirts is done, in a couple days we should have the first few printed and have a picture up with the designer and his girlfriend modelling them for us. Each one will be unique and if you want one don't forget to leave a comment here or on facebook. Check back tomorrow and keep bouncin! MrFlawedLogic

No comments:

Post a Comment