Tuesday 3 May 2011

Toxic Tuesday 3 : Danny Deleto, DJ Apple Monster, and Al Bizzare

     And we're back with another great Toxic Tuesday. We have a special edition today as it marks the first time permission has been asked for a non feature article, shoutout to Daniel Reid for saying yes and making my day. We also have a little controversy and an artist I kind of stumbled onto last night when I finally found some new music. So without further ado let it rain acid!

     After seeing Sundays article about Dream Jefferson, their label mates Danny Deleto gave the blog a shoutout on their twitter, which I of course noticed immediately. This prompted a response which led to a comfirmation of the post today, and a long search around the internet for Danny Deleto's music. The two EPs that I found turned out to be amazing and actually feature at least half of Dream Jefferson on some songs. Before now my expierences with anything labelled expiremental have left me a little cautious, but that label has been redeemed ladies and gentlemen. I'll let the professionals over at Rifle Eyes do my job for me.

     "This is experimental music in its least pretentious form – rather than two artists recording the sounds of animals in their litter boxes and slapping mailboxes with fish intestines, Danny Deleto are trying to reign in the elements of a wide variety of genres and make them into something lasting."

     Judging by the fact that my cold seems to have improved with a steady dose of Red Bull and this amazing music I would say lasting music achieved. If you aren't as cheap as I am don't forget to support the band and check them out at their MySpace and grab their EPs below.


"Let me be your war machine"
(Click to download)


     Our second artist today I stumbled onto when I was searching for Mt Eden on bandcamp for todays post, succeeding in not finding the EP that I have, I went for the next best thing, remixes. Unfortunately for the background of this artist I've got nothing other than the bandcamp page and a facebook page that isn't official. So suffice to say if you are a fan of glitch or dubstep the you should check out his two free albums on Bandcamp.


(Click to download)

     Also unfortunately this is as underground as it gets. So if you want to preview his music before you get both those albums, then all I can do for you is link a single track download for a song off the first remix volume.


     Our last artist today is Al Bizzare, an electronic duo from St. Petersburg, Russia. Before we get into the actual music let me learn you something. In Milan, Italy, two of Skrillex's hard drives were stolen. On them was the new album and all of the music he has been working on. Bits and pieces leak onto the internet here and there but a real banger was dropped all over the music sites on the weekend. Supposedly a collaberation between Feed Me, Deadmau5 and Skrillex, and upon hearing it I could agree with that. Such a song would likely tear the faces off anyone who downloaded it. So when it was confirmed that it was not in fact from this new dream team, but a duo from Russia called Al Bizzare, I was slightly peeved. None the less this track is amazing with those heavy bass synths that Ive grown to love and an amazingly fresh electro sound. Grab it and go.
(Right click and save link as)


     *Thanks again everyone for all the love and patience. We hit 600 views last night and are still going strong in our third week. Stay tuned for more great music. Don't forget to check us out on facebook and and suggest music.

No comments:

Post a Comment