Tuesday 31 May 2011

Toxic Tuesday 7 : Emalkay, and Excision.

     First off lets start with an apology for me being so busy over the last few days, I had to pack a room and drive it up north here on friday, then on the weekend my time was spent driving my parents around and trying to fit everything back into my house. That being said my internet connection here is prehistoric, having a download speed of about 15 kB/s, which is like not even having internet at all. But excuses aside, on to our seventh Toxic Tuesday.

     Our first artist today is Emalkay, a dubstep giant from Birmingham, UK. You may remember a while back we had a remix by Ephixa and Stephen Walking of his song "When I Look At You", and if you thought it couldn't get any better, think again.

(click to download)

     This is Emalkay's debut dubstep album, and his years of producing grime and garage music definately show through as this is the dirtiest dubstep we've posted for a long time. With aptly placed vocals to offset the low bass lines, this albums usually kicks it around 140 BPM, no surprise really, so turn the volume up and the bass down low.


     Our second artist today is, I would say, the majority of talent in British Columbia, aside from Downlink. Excision, is straight up in my top five dubstep producers, rising even higher when I narrow it down to Canadians. Everyone always talks about having a "Trademark sound" really I think Excision more has a trademark feel. His work is that amazing easily done laid back sense to it, like he could make it better but it might kill you.

Excision - X Sessions Mix (Song)
(Right click, save as to download)

     The link above will get you a mix from Excisions facebook, fully an hour long. Most tracks of that size lose their pace after about fifteen minutes, fewer still manage to hold the attention of the listener for the full hour, lets just say you had better have an hour to spare. The tracklist for the mix can be found here, and another three mixes of the same size can be found on his Soundcloud, as well as ten free tracks by Excision including the hilarious "Whalestep".


     Thanks for checking us out and sorry for the wait, in a perfect world I would have a better connection, no nagging parents, and the money to not need a job... speaking of money, if you can please support the bands we post, everything counts even a like on Facebook or a subscribe on Youtube. I don't own these tracks and they are for promotional purposes only, so don't abuse the privileges, and stay tuned for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment