Thursday 19 May 2011

Typical Thursday: Simon & Garfunkel and The Pretty Reckless

Alright folks, I'm back again. I've labelled today "Typical Tuesday" because I found nothing to be particularly special about it. Nothing really spectacular happened, but nothing terrible happened either. So, in honour of this typical day, I have two songs for you.

First up is Scarborough Fair by Simon & Garfunkel. I chose this song because I have recently decided to learn how to play this song on my guitar. This is only one of many renditions of this beautifully haunting song, which has existed since before the 1800s. It is a very old traditional tune that has been made modern and I feel it's worth a listen to.

"Remember me to one who lives there"

The second and final song that I have for you today is You by The Pretty Reckless. I've had this song kicking around in my music library for a while now and since December, it has seemed more relevant. Taylor Momsen is not my favourite, and this song is the only one that I really like, but this song takes me somewhere I'm too afraid to go very often and I think that gives her some validation. I figure that's reason enough to share it with you, and I hope you can relate to it, enjoy it...whatever it may be for you.

"I can't have you, no, like you have me"

Sorry for the shortness of this, and I'm sorry if it seems sort of disjointed, and I'm REALLY sorry that it's so late. I had a busy day, and had some homework to get to before I could do this, but it's here now and I hope you like it. To download these songs, I don't have any direct links, so just head on over to ListenToYouTube. This is just a reminder that I do not own the rights to any of this music, I am simply posting it here to open your eyes to something new.

Take care, all
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment