Tuesday 24 May 2011

Toxic Tuesday 6 : Shem, The Luna Sequence and Traxx Project

     No intro today I thought it best to just jump right into the music and hasten the day. Our first artist today is Shem, a name unto itself. Shem completely blew my mind last week when I stumbled onto his/their work after some cruising on youtube.

(Click to download) 

     The first track is a remix of In Heaven by Helios, a song I never heard before this and I'm sure that I won't be able to listen to the original now. With all this crazy rapture nonsense going on its the perfect song, and again Shem is one of those crazy talented dubstep artists that somehow manages to make soft dubstep, and powerful dubstep at that. Hit the album and turn it up.
\


     As far as I remember we've never had a female dubstep artist here on the daily beats, well here to break that dry spell is The Luna Sequence.

(Click for albums: They Follow You Home and Underneath)

     The amazing part about the work of Kaia Young, is the range of musical possiblity. Not only dubstep, but drum and bass, metal and industrial. A plethora of amazingness too good to pass up. One thing that sparked my interest as well, is she the fact that her current project is to create an album completely with free software. Makes me want to start producing. Hit the link above for two full length albums entirely for free.


     Our last artist today is Traxx Project. Kaine Shutler is a DnB producer from Cullompton, United Kingdom, and as always, how do the British make such amazing music? Not that my being British has anything to do with the whole amazing part...



     Traxx Project tends to be more into Drum and Bass, which is never a problem. I love the blend of remixes and original creations that great artist like this produce. The best part is when you know some of the songs being remixed, and somehow they manage to improve on them. 

     Hit one of the links above depending on whether you want to pick songs before you download them. The website has all of his music either for free or sale, and all of it is extremely worth it. 

     
     Sorry about the lack of overall consciousness today, and the lack of a post yesterday. I'm starting to think the post everyday thing is a bit much. Maybe we will cut Monday and/or Thursday out of the mix to give me time to rest and finish up these course. Once I get my co-op posts may be even slower. But do not lose faith just yet, there is always more amazing music on the internet, and we will continue to show our support. Speaking of support w hit 1400 views today, which is amazing even with the recent downward slope. Spread the word and the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment