Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hardcore Humpday 8 : Red and 55 Escape

     So first off, today has been a day without any inspiration when it comes to posting. Well until I remembered one of my oldest sources, montages. I was skipping around Youtube and stumbled across a great montage called Spirit|Inglorious. Although I'm not really into the whole online gaming scene anymore, I still recognize the ability of Youtube editors to find these amazing auditory treasures so without further ado, Red and 55 Escape.

      First off let me say I rarely like Christian rock bands, for a couple reasons we won't get into here, but hearing RED without knowing their history blew my mind. A four piece rock band from Tennessee, Red blasts outside their genre label and with their new album, have created something amazing.


     From what I understand this may be their heaviest album yet, which might also be why I'm so impressed by it. This is an eleven track album full with the kind of alt rock you would expect on the top of the charts. Although this isn't exactly the metal we usually feature its still an amazing album for those of us who appreciate the milder side of hardcore. 


     This is where the Wednesday is redeemed. 55 Escape is a five piece metal band from Trondheim, Norway. Its not everyday that you stumble onto a band with as much talent as is shown here, so read on and grab their newest album.


     When it comes to metal bands, they seem to be stuck in their roots, not so with 55 Escape. The intro song starts softly with actual singing, yes you read that right, singing, not screaming. Before you get too comfortable a choir jumps in and strings pull the song into a more traditional sense of metal with heavy riffs and rage full screaming. This album is the energy of the day, and done so well so it surprised even me, strap in and hold on.




No comments:

Post a Comment