Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hardcore Humpday 9 : Straight Line Stitch and War Of Ages

     A long time ago on a dreary winter's eve I set out with four friends to what is so far the concert of my life. We were headed out to Toronto to see Times Of Grace, I didn't even care who the starting bands were, and the annoyance of spending an hour wandering around aimlessly searching for the Mod Club quickly disappeared. Once the show started everything fell into place and it turned into one hell of a heavy night. So I thought I would share the best of the show, well besides the headlining Times Of Grace, save that for later.

     The second band of the night, after The Twin, was a band that completely destroyed any expectations I had, Straight Line Stitch. Four of the burliest men to ever shred guitar and break drumsticks walked out onto the stage, followed closely by a lithe Alexis Brown. The lights cut then flared blinding the crowd, the guitars cut in and Alexis started growling into the mic burning the lyrics into my mind, all the while thrashing all over the stage. Their set was absolutely phenomenal and if I remember correctly at the end a couple broken sticks were thrown into the crowd.


     Right from the get go this album is one hell of a neck breaker, there's nothing better than throwing on while cruising down the highway or in any situation that needs you at your best, cause they won't let you sleep. Although there is a Mediafire link above, I encourage you to follow suit and pay the money, I searched far and wide for it and you'd better believe its worth it.



     After SLS, I must admit I was tired, exhausted is a better word, the show had been draining so far, lots of head banging and fist pumping and all that, and judging from the mosh that still hadn't stopped the rest of the crowd loved it too. The next band that walked out onto the stage was War Of Ages, a five piece metal band from Erie, PA. They may not have looked like anything different when they walked on stage but once they laid it down the crowd was spinning. 

(Password = pop-to-core.blogspot.com)

     Quickly winning over the crowd and mixing the pit into a frenzy WOA were the perfect band to warm up for TOG. Their newest release, Eternal, is a adrenaline fueled thrill ride of an album if you want any of their earlier albums head here.


      We haven't even gotten the main event as it were and already I've had the time of my life, but Times Of Grace will have to wait for another day, hit the links above and love them as much as I do. Live long and rage hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment