Thursday 14 July 2011

Top Thursday : Top Three Songs This Week

     Little intro here, I'm not sure if anyone is going to post today so I thought I would post some run on sentences and three of my favorite songs this week. This doesn't mean they came out this week, doesn't mean I found them this week, just means this week I can't stop rewindin 'em.


     Murdok, is one of the first Youtube dubstep producers I got massively into, and with the recent release of his first volume of remixes (Click the song link) I've fallen in love with Hide and Seek. This song has seen way too many remixes, that's mainly because Imogen Heap has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard, but thankfully this one is done right. Driving home one day, exhausted out of my mind, as I suffer from random onset insomnia, this song nearly broke me, I still get the chills whenever I hear it. This is straight up one of the most powerful songs I have, the gentle build, the soft background bass, and that chilling voice brings me to the shiver point every time. Hit it and the rest of the album for amazing chillstep.


2) Neilio - Captivating

     Last week a group of amazingly underplayed electronic artists got together and released a new completely original track every day for seven days. Hopefully you remember Ephixa and Stephen Walking, but taking part in Monstercat Media's release were other awesome artists such as Arion, Going Quantum, Halo Nova, Feint and Neilio. Now don't get me wrong each and every one of these tracks surpassed any expectations but today Neilio's Captivating has really shone through. Its an explanation of an aspect of music, through music, and the idea is amazing, then you throw in that hardstyle beat and I'm sold. Head on over to here to pay a dollar for it on Bandcamp, or rip the song from Youtube, don't forget the hit the Monstercat Channel for the rest of the tracks.

"Music is the broth of the soup..."


     Nerva & Kexx, not a duo I'm familiar with but thanks to Artdubz, I will be soon. I was linked by a friend to an amazing track earlier today, from there I hit the channel and was amazed by the amount of free dubstep and electro, that and every song had an amazing picture in place of a video. After searching through all the tracks and downloading all the songs I could, as well as any pieces of art that stood out, I went into the process of finding my favorite. My favorite picture could probably be guessed by anyone who knows my taste but my favorite track must be Whoa. The genius mix of drone like dubstep and hip hop got me quickly back into the racing seat, and the frequent tempo and style changes kept me guessing the time. Check it out and please head on over and subscribe to Artdubz, I'm sure it helps. If you're interested in more by Nerva head on over to his Soundcloud



     *Also because we hit three thousand page views today and I love you guys, heres the website of the model in the last video... you know... if you're into lingerie photo shoots or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment