Monday 11 July 2011

Mellow Monday 2 : Na Palm and Wretch 32

     There's something about today that has really put me into a great mood and when I'm happy it means hip hop. Its a regret of mine that I don't get to post as much hip hop as I would like, and there is a lot of great new songs coming out everyday, not to mention classic mixtapes and other releases you may have missed. So today for you we have a great album by Na Palm, two albums by Wretch 32 as well as a song that hasn't yet been released... tune in.

     Na Palm, or Craig Steven Palm if you work better with names, is a Chicago born rapper. For a long time I've been frustrated about hip hop artists pulling electronic music into their songs, especially mainstream artists trying to appeal to a wider range of listeners... nothing ruins dubstep for me like Britney Spears. I think the main reason it annoyed me was because no one had managed to do it properly, enter Na Palm. Classified as Electronic Hip Hop, his album Dirty Girls Like Dirty Beats is an amazing example of his success and a narration of the road to it. Head on over to Datpiff to download it for free.


     One of the most overlooked acts this year so far is Wretch 32, but not for long. His new album Traktor is due out in January and is forecasted to make quite the splash in the industry. Over the past few years Wretch has collaborated with many amazing UK hip hop artists, most notable for me being Professor Green. Although overlooked his previous two releases are absolutely amazing. Wretch does an amazing job mixing grime and hip hop, and has been called "Metaphor Man" by other artists. Pick up his two albums below and watch the vid for a sneak peek of his new album.




No comments:

Post a Comment