Tuesday 19 July 2011

Review : Lil' Wayne - Sorry 4 The Wait

     Many of you that actually took the ten seconds and "liked" the Facebook page will know that I'm off for a couple of days and I plan to attempt to enjoy myself. That being said I doubt I will be able to post, although K will be covering for me it seemed in my best interests to do a post now, and try something new at that. Allow me a brief moment of clarity, I realize now why Elena's posts do so well, we have a completely different outlook on how posting should be done. I like to pick a day with a theme and hit you with whatever I've been hearing that works for that day, Elena works more like a professional would taking her day to post and finding something current to review, and thats the operative word, review. So I'm going to try it on for size, here's something from the last week or so that you should've heard about.

     I can't fault Lil' Wayne for what he does, he raps and by todays somewhat questionable standards he's good. He makes money and he looks good doing it and thats what the people want. Now going further than my review of the world today Lil' Wayne dropped a mixtape back the 13th and surprising even myself I downloaded it. I don't usually listen to popular hip hop but something about how the whole deal went down made me think it would be worth it. See Wayne has a new album coming out and no surprise its release date got pushed back, but here's where it gets good. Lil' Wayne took a bunch of freestyles and a couple original songs and dropped a mixtape, for free. Yeah free, I wish this would happen more often, we all know how annoying it can be to be waiting for something long after it was supposed to be in your hands. How awesome would it be if everytime this happened the producer gave you something free to apologize. I mean that new game that you're waiting for, its gonna be about three months late, but heres some DLC codes and the CD for the games score. The movie you want to see is postponed, but hey heres some free tickets cause we want you to enjoy it when it gets here. This will probably never happen cause it would cost the companies money, but artists can do this, because they know we won't buy it if they wait too long, thats the glory of the internet we can get it for free, we can hold them ransom. Kudos to Lil' Wayne for going back to his roots and giving back to his fans, this is how customer service works.



(Click to download)

     Now we can get past my ranting and into the mixtape. Its a twelve track tape of which only two, Sorry 4 The Wait and Tunechi's Back, aren't freestyles. That being said Lil' Wayne has always had a talent for freestyles, although his flow doesn't move very far from his comfort zone. The tracks are full to the brim with reasons to make sure your kids don't listen to this. Bragging, swearing and rapping about bitches and money seem to be mainstay of Lil' Wayne's money scheme. Don't get me wrong this album is fresh, if you love rap for what it is, dirty, Lil' Wayne knows he doesn't have anything to prove. The beats are thick and low and most of the songs run for longer than three minutes, this is a mixtape through and through. So love it or leave it, hit the Hulkshare link above or read on for the track listing and direct downloads of select songs.

Tracklist:

Tunechi's Back
Rollin' (Freestyle)
Throwed Off (Freestyle) Ft. Gudda Gudda
Marvin's Room (Freestyle)
Sure Thing (Freestyle)
Groove St. Party (Freestyle) Ft. Lil B
Sorry 4 The Wait
Inkredible Remix (Freestyle)
IDK (Freestyle)

     Thanks for stickin around, hopefully you enjoy todays posts and let me know if you would like me to keep up with actual reviews. Head on back to the first paragraph and like us on FB, it means a lot. For those of you with higher class taste when it comes to hip hop head on over to The Burning Ear for "Sounds Of The City" by Luck One. Its a sterling track with a cheery instrumentation and a sophisticated flow, it might be what youre looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment