Tuesday 5 July 2011

Toxic Tuesday 12 : Cyberoptics and Darren Styles

     Here we are again, another amazing Toxic Tuesday if I do say so myself. Although I myself am a little damaged, I was greeted by women bearing sympathy and cereal, so today's post will continue as scheduled. So strap on those shiny shoes and get your bass faces ready.

     More young talent, thats what I like to see. I've been following Cyberoptics on Youtube for quite some time and many of his tracks rank up in the most imaginative dubstep I have up my proverbial sleeve. Dropping his first hit track, Geisha, back in May 2010 at the age of 19, Alex Epps, stormed the scene climbing to the number one spot on Beatport and staying in the top 5 for over a month. Battling giants such as Doctor P and Borgore is no small accomplishment, but continuing to drop tracks that hit just as hard is nothing short of amazing.


     The Tie Fighter EP is a four track blend of all that dubstep has to offer. One thing that I love about Cyberoptics is the creativity of each track, every song has its own carefully decided theme. Starting off smooth, straight up to the drop, from then on you'd better hang on.





     I thought I'd hit you with a little something different, we don't usually drift far from dubstep on the Toxic Tuesday posts. Qeue Darren Styles, one of the biggest names in dance music, working his way through the electronic music scene since 1992.

Darren Styles - Skydivin'

     This massive album is almost 30 tracks long branching across all that elecronica has to offer. I don't think the general genre classification is truthful. Hardstyle only  works for about a third of the tracks. I for one was completely confused when I was greeted by soft guitar and vocals, making some tracks sound more like pop than anything. Then the mood gets switched causing the tempo to blast up to speed, and the bass gets lowered, before that stereotypical hardstyle beat drops and its tough not to dance around the house all day. So download both sides of this monster of an album and treat yourself to the best, cause I think we all deserve it.





No comments:

Post a Comment