Thursday 7 July 2011

Tenacious Thursday

As I write this, I am sitting here in MrFlawedLogic's "office" and I while this is as good a place as any to write today's post, I'm finding it a lot more difficult. Perhaps that is just because of the added pressure of having him sitting beside me. Then again, it may just be because I'm tired and my brain is full of le français that I've been looking at all day.

I would like to start off by apologizing for not posting last week. I got a little too busy and just never found the time. I was going to post the following day, but the same thing happened and here we are a week later. I may leave a little "gift" for you at the end as my way of making it up to you.

City and Colour. Dallas Green. He was first introduced to me by MrFlawedLogic quite some time ago. Since then I have slowly been acquiring more and more of his music, and I absolutely love it. He has five albums out as of this year, and I think that at least three of them are well worth a listen to.

To outline one, Bring Me Your Love is at the top of my list. It is also my most listened to. It's the album I go to when I'm thinking "Life sucks, I'm sad and hate everything" (which makes sense since he has said he's never going to write a happy song...).



His newest album, Little Hell, is something that I am still deciding on. The lyrics are good as usual, but some of the songs turn away from his usual simplicity in instrumentation and seem a lot more busy. That being said, I think I'll like them with a few more plays.


For the complete albums, head on over to Pop To Core. (Password: pop-to-core.blogspot.com)

As promised, here is my gift to you. A close friend of mine recently just left for central Asia. Just before he left, we were on Skype, and he sent me this link to his friend's Bandcamp site. The day I listened to it I thought it was pretty amazing. I still think it's good, but it doesn't suit my current mood nearly as well. Anyways here it is, check it out and make your own decision. Jeff Ens is worth your time and money if you want to buy the album (and that's coming from a cheap stickler like me...).

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment