Tuesday 12 July 2011

Toxic Tuesday 13 : Evil Nine and The Qemists

     Electronic music has got to be the spice of life, I mean take any songs you hear today, on the radio, internet, or via schizophrenic transmissions, they all have elements of electro. But now that everything else sounds like techno, lets make techno sound like everything else.

     Hailing from Brighton, UK, Evil Nine, are what I imagine the future of electro to be. With a list of influences so long I couldn't even fathom reading them all Evil Nine are doing the opposite of all the reverse engineering happening in all todays popular music. I must admit it seems like there's nothing they can't incorporate into their songs, from disco/dance beats to top notch hip hop then back to Daft Punk-esque vocals with guitars too heavy to be in a dance production. This is music so smart even my parents like it. So strap on those shiny shoes and do what you normally do when no one is looking... dance is what I meant.



     You know that feeling when you hear a song and can't remember who its by? Good chance its by The Qemists, a three piece drum and bass, electro, dubstep, rock, grime band. I spent most of yesterday replaying their two albums recognizing almost every song and realizing although I had heard a lot of them a quick search of my itunes revealed nothing. I'm not sure what it is about Brighton it might as well be todays feature band producing factory. UK based and running with a record label from Montreal, Canada, Ninjatune. Their two albums, are chock full of everything you could every ask for so head on down to grab them and watch the video that encouraged me to do some digging. 




No comments:

Post a Comment