Saturday 23 July 2011

Saturday's Special: Chris Yenney

I feel like all too often I'm apologizing for not posting on time, or at all. Today is my make-up post. I feel bad for not posting on Thursday. I figured today I would switch it up just a little bit and focus on an artist that I met about a month ago at this fundraiser concert thing for a couple of my friends who were headed off for a year with Youthbuilders.

From what I've seen and heard of him, Chris Yenney seems to be a genuinely nice person, not to mention that he's got a pretty impressive voice. The first thing I ever heard him perform was a cover of Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri, and I was just blown away. I'm not sure what it is with this community and talent, but there seems to be a lot of it hidden around. Here is this young man who attended the school I just graduated from, and he's so dang talented. His piano playing is great, his voice is great, and you put the two together to get a pretty fantastic artist.


His Youtube channel has many covers of songs, but there are also a couple of his original songs too such as "Hopeless Romance" and "Not Coming Back." I'm a pretty big fan of his original stuff too, and I'm seriously considering heading over to itunes to invest in his album "On the Surface."


That's all I've got for today, and I'm sorry that I do not have any downloads for you, but I really want to support this artist. It can be difficult to be from a small town like ours and trying to have a music career, so please check him out on itunes and buy his album if you like his work. You can also check him out on his Facebook page. You can follow him on Twitter if you want, but frankly, I'm too lazy to look up what his account is, and I'm sure you can find that out from his page.
Thanks for continuing to check in! This would be pointless without your views. 

Hasta Luego,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment